Terms & Conditions
- Terms and Conditions for Participants at Events
- Terms and Conditions for Promoters of Events via the Events for Christians Website
- Terms and Conditions for Event Organisers
Terms and Conditions for Participants at Christian Connection Events
These terms and conditions for participants apply ONLY to all those who are booking an event on this website that is being run by Christian Connection. They do not apply to any other events, including those run by its partner, Network Christians who have their own Terms and Conditions. In particular, refund arrangements here ONLY apply to Christian Connection Events - other organisations have their own conditions.
By booking a Christian Connection Event you are registering your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Events for Christians is owned and run by Widernet Communications Ltd who also run Christian Connection, www.christianconnection.com
You represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms & conditions.
By registering with Events for Christians you provide your assurance that you are at least 18 years old.
You must supply us with correct details about yourself including your correct age, address and contact details. If incorrect details are given we reserve the right to cancel your place at an event. When you book an event with us, you must supply a daytime telephone number or mobile phone number. In the event that we are forced to cancel an event due to circumstances beyond our control, we will NOT take any responsibility for people who arrive at a cancelled event unless they have previously supplied us with their telephone contact details.
Events for Christians offers Christians an opportunity to meet new people. We do not guarantee that our events will lead to successful future dates for our participants.
We aim to give people a chance to meet one another in a safe and relaxed environment. However we cannot verify all of the personal details of those participating in our events. It is up to you to verify any personal information to your own satisfaction before meeting up with any other participant. Please approach any contact with participants at one of our events with the same caution you would undertake when meeting other people you do not know.
When you attend an event, you should bring your confirmation email with you. We reserve the right not to admit you if you cannot provide evidence of your booking.
Provided you let us know a minimum of five working days before the event, we will refund your money less an administration fee per ticket of £5.
Between 0 and 5 working days before an event no refunds are possible. However if you send a friend of the same age bracket and of the same sex in your place, there would be no additional charge.
Whatever the situation, please let us know, for whatever reason, as unbalanced numbers can spoil our events for the other participants.
You can contact us at 07706 505 485 or email@example.com
Events for Christians reserves the right to invite media to events, and to take pictures of participants for publication on the website, marketing and publicity materials or in other online and published media Anybody who does not wish to have their photograph published, should notify us at the event or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Events for Christians aims to give single people a chance to meet one another in a safe and relaxed environment. However we are not a matchmaking service and do not verify the personal details of those participating in our events. It is up to you to verify personal information to your own satisfaction and we recommend that you do so. Please approach any contact with participants at one of our events with the same caution you would undertake when meeting other people you do not know.
By registering with Events for Christians you agree that neither Events for Christians nor its associates is liable for any damages, direct or indirect, that may arise from partaking in Events for Christians events. This includes any damages, without limitation, arising out of communicating with other participants. Such damages include, without limitation, physical damages, bodily injury and or emotional distress and discomfort.
Events for Christians events are held at venues over which Events for Christians have no control. Therefore, in the event that you suffer damages of any kind at one of our event, you agree to release Events for Christians and its associates from any liability with respect thereof.
Events for Christians reserves the right to change venue and timings of events.
Events for Christians reserves the right to change the price of any event. The price paid at the time of booking may subsequently change in the run up to an event, and no monies can be refunded for any difference. Events for Christians reserves the right to offer discounted prices to selected individuals. Any price change is subject to the supply and demand for a particular event, and we reserve the right to increase the price of an event.
If you wish to make a complaint regarding the services provided by Events for Christians please email email@example.com in the first instance.
This Web Site and any contract related to it is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
Complaints about an event
If you have a complaint or a comment about an event run by Christian Connection, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if events are not organised by Christian Connection, we cannot take any responsibility for them or deal with any related queries or complaints. Our cancellation rules and these Terms and Conditions only apply to Christian Connection events; please contact the event organiser for their individual terms if you have a query.
However, if you have a serious complaint about an event that is, or has been, advertised on this site then please do let us know. If an event organiser is mis-advertising events or providing poor service then we may need to restrict or remove their right to advertise their events on our site.
Terms and Conditions for Promoters of Events via the Events for Christians Website
- Events for Christians requires a minimum of three weeks advanced notice of an event. There must be sufficient verifiable information about the event and its organisers in order for the event to be listed. Such an event must not clash with an existing Events for Christians Event.
- Events for Christians reserve the right to refuse to advertise events for whatever reason. We will not enter into further discussion once the decision has been made.
- Events for Christians reserves the right to charge promoters for listing the event or to promote it to members via email.
- Events are not to be promoted through the internal mail system or on the Discussion Boards of Events for Christians' sister site, Christian Connection, www.christianconnection.com
- Flyers for Events for Christians and Christian Connection and/or cards are to be displayed at all events.
- Christian Connection reserves the right to remove an event from the Events page without notice.
- Event promoters must follow the Guidelines for submitting events. A failure to do so will mean that their events will not be listed on the site again.
- If it is necessary to cancel an event or if it has been sold out and there are no more places for anybody or no places for men or for women, please notify us on email@example.com as this could otherwise lead to confusion.
- The organisers must be able to be reached, especially within the 24 hours leading up to the event. We are not responsible for responding to visitors with enquiries about a promoter's event.
Terms and Conditions for Event Organisers
- Events for Christians organisers run events on behalf of Events for Christians, and Christian Connection. They do this on a voluntary unpaid unless otherwise agreed. In some cases, Events for Christians will agree to share part of the revenue with the Event Organiser.
- An Event organiser must be specifically appointed in writing by Events for Christians, and must agree to the appointment in writing. This agreement can be terminated by either side by giving two weeks notice.
- Event Organisers agree to have events planned and organised a minimum of three weeks in advance and the events must be subject to the prior agreement of Events for Christians. Any decision to cancel must be mutually agreed with Events for Christians.
- Events for Christians will undertake to help, guide and train Organisers in how to run events.
- Event organisers must not run Speed dating events unless they have helped at a Speed dating Event run by Events for Christians.
- Events will be promoted directly by Events for Christians and Christian Connection to the right age groups and locations. Organisers must not use the internal mailing system or discussion boards on Christian Connection to promote Events unless specifically permitted to by Events for Christians.
- Organisers must respect the proprietary rights of Christian Connection and Events for Christians over its database and must not appropriate them in any way to run events on their own account, unless specifically authorised by Events for Christians. Equally they must not pass on any private details of members to any other individual or organisation, unless they have both the written agreement of the individual concerned and of Events for Christians.
Please note that if events are not organised by Christian Connection, then we cannot take any responsibility for them or deal with any related queries. Our cancellation rules do not apply - nor do any of our Terms and Conditions, they will have their own Ts and Cs. However, if you have a serious complaint about an event that is advertised on this site, please let us know as we may need to take a view about whether to advertise other events they run.
Copying material from this website
Occasionally other Christian organisations choose to promote Events which are listed on this website. Please be aware that should you wish to do this, it must be with the specific consent and knowledge of Christian Connection and it must acknowledge the name of the organiser or the event and it must link back to the event on Christian Connection or the organisation that is promoting the event.
Very occasionally other websites have claimed to be partners, promoters or organisers of the events listed on this site. Action may be taken against such claims, unless there is a real partnership agreement.